Who We Are & What We're All About
Quite simply. we LOVE toys! Remember that favorite toy store from your childhood (most of us have one or two - mine was "Mr. Big's Toyland" and "Irving's Toys and Cards" in the Boston area) and how you felt visiting it with your parents or grandparents?
WHAT WE ARE ALL ABOUT
Quite simply. we LOVE toys! Remember that favorite toy store from your childhood (most of us have one or two - mine was "Mr. Big's Toyland" and "Irving's Toys and Cards" in the Boston area) and how you felt visiting it with your parents or grandparents? Well, our goal is to help you recreate those memories and help your child create memories of their own! With this basic premise, we strive to reboot the retail toy business by actually mixing the best of the toy stores of yesteryear with the service, convenience and cool selection of toys we know you're looking for!
So, please come, browse either of our stores (online and in West Chester) and find cool, unique toys with cool, unique people helping you find them!
Although the name "Monkey Fish Toys" was born in 2013, the team behind the name has been in the toy business for over 15 years! Here's a brief company history:
- 2001 - We started the business as The Collectors Depot, LLC, selling collectible toys on-line.
- 2005 - we changed our operating name to Bull Market Toys, since people seemed to think The Collectors Depot was a bill-collection agency!
- 2010 - We opened our first retail store, Bull Market Toys, in the Eagleview section of Downingtown, PA, expanding our selection to include more than just collecitble toys.
- 2013 - Bursting at the seams in our little store, we moved to a space three times the size in Exton, PA, and renamed the store "Monkey Fish Toys"! (Bull Market Toys seemed to never click with customers - nobody ever accused us of being marketing geniuses!).
- 2014 - We liked our store in Exton so much, we decided to open a bit larger store in West Chester!
- 2017 - After four phenomenal years in Exton, in our sleepy but loveable shopping center, we decided to move the store up the road to Chester Springs.
- 2018 - We completed a full overhaul of our Chester Springs store!
Ok, so before we move-on, let's answer the question of how we came up with the name "Monkey Fish Toys" - I asked my daughter, four-years-old at the time, what would be a cool name or mascot for the toy store - she, for some reason, blurted out "monkey fish" (perhaps they talked about monkey fish in school that day!)... The name stuck because whenever anyone hears it they can't help but smile or giggle... the rest is history!
Our cool and unique team of toy lovers:
Caroline - Activities Coordinator / Customer Service... Team Member since 2019
Cassie - Creative Wonder / Customer Service... Team Member since 2014
Cindi - Customer Service Queen... Team Member since 2017
Jen - Energy Booster / Customer Service... Team Memer since 2014
Julie - Party Helper / Gift Wrapper Extrodinaire... Team Member since 2018
Kate - Organizational Wiz / Customer Service...Team Member since 2015
KC - Da Boss!... Team Member since 2018
Kerri - Funnest job at MFT! / Lead Buyer... Team Member since 2011
Kirsten - Operations & Training Leader / Customer Service... Team Member since 2017
Laurie - Party & Craft Coordinator / Hostess with the Mostess / Customer Service...Team Member since 2019
Mike - Chief Toy Strategist (i.e. - plays with the toys)... Team Member since 2001
Rich - E-Commerce Wizard & Resident Lego Expert / Logistics... Team Member since 2018
Ryan - Resident Pokemon Expert / Customer Service... Team Member since 2018
Sam - Toy Tester / Customer Service - Team Member since 2015
Shea - Party Helper / Gift Wrapper Extrodinaire... Team Member since 2018
Tim - Creative Design / Customer Service... team member since 2014
Tommy - Toy & Systems Expert / Customer Service... Team Member since 2017
Zion - Playset Expert / Customer Service... Team Member since 2018.
We hope you get to know us and like what you learn - if not, please email or call me personally (484-341-8367) with any questions, comments, or issues!