60228 Deep Space Rocket and Launch Control
You were born to explore the universe! Build and inspire the next generation of astronauts with LEGO® Space rockets and vehicles – Let’s Go!
Give young space adventurers a treat with a NASA-inspired toy rocket launch set. This awesome LEGO® City 60228 Deep Space Rocket and Launch Control kids’ toy features a modular, multi-stage rocket with cockpit, booster and payload storage modules, and a monorail system with stops at the rocket, research area with geode retrieval training and launch control tower. There’s also a launchpad with opening tower arms, rover with articulated, new-for-June-2019 grappling arm and launch control tower with detachable window section, fold-out function and a countdown function. Kids can use a mobile device as a screen for interactive play opportunities with the City Explorers app. Give any LEGO builder an amazing building experience with Instructions PLUS, available in the LEGO Life app for smartphones and tablets.
- Includes 6 LEGO® City minifigures: 2 astronauts, 2 scientists, Launch Director and a ground crew technician, plus a robot figure.
- Features a modular, multi-stage NASA-inspired rocket that can be customized in different ways with the booster, payload storage and 2-minifigure cockpit modules, rover with articulated, new-for-June-2019 grappling arm, space telescope with folding solar panels and magnifying glass, plus a monorail system with multi-stop track and 2 cars.
- The detailed toy playset includes an opening launch control tower with removable window, 2 desks with small screens, large screens for countdown and monitoring of the telescope and space to insert a mobile device, as well as a launchpad with opening tower arms to launch the rocket, plus a ground research area with a tile with secret symbol
- Accessory elements include 2 new-for-June-2019 geodes, 2 helmets with blue visors, a magnifying glass, scanner element, tile with secret symbol, circular saw, wrench, cell phone, 4 water elements and a camera, plus a brick separator.
- Lower the gates to stop the monorail cars along the route and help climb aboard or exit a car.
- Aim the robot’s scanner over the tile in the research area to see the secret symbol.
- Set a mobile device into the launch control tower to experience the interactive play options available when connected to the LEGO® City Explorers app.
- Drop the tower arms on the launchpad to launch the rocket and head to space.
- Use the LEGO® Life app to access the intuitive Instructions PLUS building instructions. Help even younger builders through the building process, with easy-to-use zoom, rotate and ghost-mode functions to visualize their creations as they go.
- Download the LEGO® Life app at the iOS or Android app store. Ask your parents’ permission before going online.
- Rocket standing measures over 16” (42cm) high, 4” (11cm) wide and 2” (6cm) deep.
- Space telescope with wings closed measures over 3” (9cm) long and 1 (3cm) wide.
- Rover with arm retracted measures over 1” (5cm) high, 3” (9cm) long and 2” (7cm) wide.
- Launch Control closed measures over 7” (18cm) high, 5” (13cm) wide and 5” (13cm) deep.
- Launchpad with closed tower arms measures over 9” (24cm) high, 4” (12cm) wide and 4” (12cm) deep.
- Monorail measures over 1” (3cm) high, 3” (10cm) long and 1” (3cm) wide.
- Monorail track measures over 3” (8cm) high,14” (36 cm) deep and 18” (47cm) wide.